Idaho Falls Back Pain Specialists
Trying to live your life while struggling with chronic back pain is difficult. We know the frustration this can cause for not only you but for those around you. Back pain can negatively impact your performance at work, your interactions with your friends, and your quality time with your family. As difficult and frustrating as it can be, we have incredible news, the skilled physical therapists at Pick PT are ready to help you recover from whatever is causing your back pain. We are here to help you live life moving!
Different Types of Back Pain
- Acute - this is pain that last a relatively short time of less than 3 months.
- Recurrent - this is pain that may happen repeatedly. Clearly there is something that is causing this pain to come back. We want to help you recover from the pain but also identify what might be some contributing factors.
- Chronic - this is pain that happens over a long period of time longer than 3 months.
What Causes Back Pain?
- Back injuries
- Muscle or ligament strains
- Bulging, ruptured or otherwise misaligned disks
- Misaligned spine
- Poor posture
- Poor sleeping positions
No matter what the causes of the pain, there are likely things that can be done to give at least some relief. Come in and speak with our skilled therapists. We will use our methods to identify what the root cause of the pain might be and work closely with your primary care physician to help improve the quality of your life. That's what matters the most to us.
Back Pain Treatments
- Stretching - muscles that are extremely tight can cause a series of other issues.
- Mobilization - sometimes the muscles of our bodies stop working the way they need to in order for you to move easily. We can help loosen these muscles and help them to begin operating the way they are intended.
- Manipulation - our therapists can help move your body into certain positions to help reduce the stiffness or lack of movement your body is experiencing. conditioning
- Back muscle conditioning & strengthening - sometimes injuries or pain happen because the muscles around the area are too weak. They aren't properly supporting what they need to be. By strengthening the muscle groups around the area we can often reduce the pain and help prevent future injuries. We help our patients through a series of exercises that help build sufficient strength in meaningful areas of the body.
- Education - trying to solve problems and heal pain is obviously important. However, we also want to solve some of the problems that may be contributing factors in causing your pain. We can help you find better ways to take care of your body. It may be improving posture, sleeping in different positions, better lifting methods, etc.
- Exercise regiment creation - in between visits and after your therapy, we want to help you create patterns in your life that lead to an improved life. We'll help you understand exercises to implement into your lives.
Contact Idaho Falls' Back Pain Experts
We love what we do. We gain a great amount of satisfaction in helping people improve the quality of their lives. If you have been suffering from back pain, give us a call! Our Idaho Falls physical therapy team is ready to help you live life moving!