Idaho Falls Neck Pain Specialists
Trying to live your life while struggling with chronic back pain is difficult. We know the frustration this can cause for not only you but for those around you. Back pain can negatively impact your performance at work, your interactions with your friends, and your quality time with your family. As difficult and frustrating as it can be, we have incredible news, the skilled physical therapists at Pick PT are ready to help you recover from whatever is causing your back pain. We are here to help you live life moving!
What Causes Neck Pain?
- Car accidents or other strong, sudden movements
- Sports or other types of injuries
- Poor posture
- Repetitive motions
- Bad sleeping positions
- Misaligned spine or neck disks
Why Should I have my Neck Examined?
If you have been struggling the neck pain, you should come in and speak with our trained physical therapists. They can do a thorough examination to determine what might be the best course of action for you to take. Neck pain can negatively impact your life. The following are reasons why you should come and have your neck pain examined:
- Stop being in pain - neck pain can really interfere with a variety of your daily life activities. We want you to be living fulfilling lives and chronic pain can prevent you from doing so many of the activities that bring you joy.
- Prevent bodily damage - pain is an indication that something isn't quite right. In some conditions, this isn't big matter. However, simply pushing through pain can create more serious problems down the road if there are issues being left unaddressed. For example, if some of our muscles are not functioning the way they need to be, it could cause you to walk differently which could lead to problems with your joints or other body parts.
- Catch and identify more serious conditions - because pain can be an indicator of other issues, neck pain may be the symptom of other things that need medical attention. Come and have a conversation with us and we can help you determine if you need to seek more medical attention.
No matter what the causes of the pain, there are likely things that can be done to give at least some relief. Come in and speak with our skilled therapists. We will use our methods to identify what the root cause of the pain might be and work closely with your primary care physician to help improve the quality of your life. That's what matters the most to us.
Neck Pain Treatments
- Stretching - muscles that are extremely tight can cause a series of other issues.
- Mobilization - sometimes the muscles of our bodies stop working the way they need to in order for you to move easily. We can help loosen these muscles and help them to begin operating the way they are intended.
- Manipulation - our therapists can help move your body into certain positions to help reduce the stiffness or lack of movement your body is experiencing. conditioning
- Back muscle conditioning & strengthening - sometimes injuries or pain happen because the muscles around the area are too weak. They aren't properly supporting what they need to be. By strengthening the muscle groups around the area we can often reduce the pain and help prevent future injuries. We help our patients through a series of exercises that help build sufficient strength in meaningful areas of the body.
- Education - trying to solve problems and heal pain is obviously important. However, we also want to solve some of the problems that may be contributing factors in causing your pain. We can help you find better ways to take care of your body. It may be improving posture, sleeping in different positions, better lifting methods, etc.
- Exercise regiment creation - in between visits and after your therapy, we want to help you create patterns in your life that lead to an improved life. We'll help you understand exercises to implement into your lives.
Contact Idaho Falls' Neck Pain Experts
We love what we do. We gain a great amount of satisfaction in helping people improve the quality of their lives. If you have been suffering from back pain, give us a call! Our back pain therapy team is ready to help you live life moving!